On a break.. what a year!!
As I pack my bags and head home for the “school break”, I look back at the year I’ve had and think about all the awesome people I’ve met and the many many experiences of which money can’t buy. I thank God for such understanding parents, a supportive sister and brother-in-law and cousin and most of all for all those out there who’ve supported my efforts in my journey towards making my dream a reality.
Highlights of the year include:
- Having my profile in a careers magazine (thanks to Jade and Hans)
- Volunteering for 4 foodie events of which I met so many chefs, made so many new friends and experienced what it was like to be in the Industry
- Meeting Pierrick Boyer and Adriano Zumbo..
- Working in a Cafe Claremont and networking with other Chefs who have verbally offered me a job for next year.. stay tuned!
- Buying a property.. moving soon.. hopefully mid next year!
Lowlights of the year include:
- Having minimal income and having to budget my finances
- Losing some close friends, Rest In Peace dear ones..
- Learning how to accept things that may not necessarily go to plan..
Looking forward to:
- My trip home..
- My sister’s wedding
- Meeting up with all my friends and spending more time with family
- Coming back to Melbourne with a refreshed, renewed and joyous spirit
- Finishing off my course (only 6 more months to go)
- And finally, moving to the West!
Here’s wishing all of you a very very Blessed Christmas, a Smashing New Year and a safe holiday season!! Thank you everyone again for your support, advice and love!! See you all next year!!!!!
Please take NOTE that I won’t be taking any orders until February 2011.. Thanks!!